Located on a quiet pedestrian lane, next to the medieval defensive wall, two minutes walking from the main square of the city, Retro is the best established youth hostel in Cluj-Napoca. During your visit you will certainly need a nice, inexpensive and comfortable place to stay.
Our hostel is the top solution for travellers, since it combines an excellent location, good quality lodgings and amongst the most competitive prices in town.
We are offering you over 48 accommodation places in double, triple, single and shared rooms, breakfast included!
From our desk office you can easily get the information about Cluj, rent a bike or a car, or join one of our tours we organize in Transylvania!
You can find us 500 meters away from "Babes - Bolyai" University, the second largest in the country and within walking distance of tourist attractions, the best restaurants, clubs and bars.
Thank you for choosing us!
We look forward to welcoming you!
Best recommendations by
Lonely Planet, Rough Guide,
Guide du Routard:
- Top choice on Lonely Planet Eastern Europe 2011: "On a quiet lane amid 16th century citadel wall fragments, the Retro is one of Romania's best hostels."
- Author's choice on Lonely Planet, Romania 2004: "...is the very definition of what a hostel should be"
- Rough Guide, 2008: "...possessing a great central location, it's an immaculate clean, friendly and well-run place"
Too cold outside? Our sauna is waiting for you.
The new City Card is available here with dozens of discounts all over the city! Come and have a bite of Cluj!
31st of October - James Blount live at Transilvanian International Music and Art Festival !!
Hostelling International cards for sale at the best price in Europe! :)
Starting from today our pick-up plays some retro music on vinyl :) !!!
Our conference room - finally is available and ready to be booked!
Thank you for thanking us!! The folks at Retro Hostel listed on Lonely Planet latest edition - Behind the Scenes - \"The author\'s thanks section\"
For our guests - grab a bike from the hostel and ride across the city :-) P.S.: it`s for free ;-)
Guiding tour at Targoviste Garrison, the place where Nicolae Ceausescu and his wife Elena had their trial and execution on December 25th 1989. Local guide - one of the three officers who pulled the trigger!! Feel free to ask for more infos!
Travel easily in Romania! RENT A CAR! Opel Corsa AUTOMATIC, prices from 33 €/day (we rent the car for at least 3 days). If interested, please write us :)
- Transilvania on line booking center: bus tickets from Budapest to Cluj and return, car rental in Cluj!
- Cluj-Napoca airport pick ups and transfers anywhere in the city and Transylvania!
Are you coming with a group?
Click here for groups booking conditions.